I’m guessing you’re here because a friend, counsellor or doctor recommended CBT. Or maybe you’ve researched Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and decided to give online CBT a try. Awesome!
I’m a therapist who specializes in online CBT because I’ve seen it help people. I would love to get to know you, care about you, encourage you, and support you to feel better and make the changes that you want.
I offer counselling therapy to Children, Teens and Adults as Individuals or as Families.
What Is CBT?
“Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a short-term, goal-oriented psychotherapy treatment that takes a hands-on, practical approach to problem-solving. Its goal is to change patterns of thinking or behavior that are behind people’s difficulties, and so change the way they feel. It is used to help treat a wide range of issues in a person’s life, from sleeping difficulties or relationship problems, to drug and alcohol abuse or anxiety and depression. CBT works by changing people’s attitudes and their behavior by focusing on the thoughts, images, beliefs and attitudes that are held (a person’s cognitive processes) and how these processes relate to the way a person behaves, as a way of dealing with emotional problems.”https://psychcentral.com/lib/in-depth-cognitive-behavioral-therapy/
So you’re ready to work on something that’s been holding you back, nagging at you, or that you just can’t figure out on your own. I’d love to help!
Areas of Expertise
I specialize in supporting people with the following concerns based on research evidence that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a best-practice therapy approach:
- Stress and Worries
- OCD and intrusive thoughts
- Chronic Insomnia
- Over Shopping, Video Gaming Disorder, Technology/Phone/Social Media Overuse. I use the term Problem Technology Use
We work together as a team. I get to know your relationships, history and significant events that impacted you or are affecting you now. I offer new ways to think about it, and assist you to change unhelpful or distressing beliefs, thinking, or actions, and help empower you toward your goals.
I believe that frequent sessions in a short amount of time is the most effective approach for concerns helped with CBT. To me, short-term therapy means 4-10 sessions.
We are roughly talking 3 to 16 weeks of therapy depending on how busy you are, and nothing is set in stone. Generally, we start out 2 x a week, move on to once per week, then move on to once every 2 weeks, then maybe a monthly check in, or a refresher at 3 months.
We may need a longer-term approach for difficulties that have existed for a long time, or that are having a significant impact on your daily life.
For my approach to therapy with children and teens please click this link.
I do therapy sessions online because I’ve seen how well it works. From your own space – whether your living room, bedroom, office, or car, you can meet me in a more relaxed way.
I also do CBT online because it lets me help people from anywhere in the world, as long as province, territory or country allows it.
Insurance/ Health Benefits Coverage
- I am registered and licensed for the Province of Ontario, Canada A RSW with a Masters Degree (MSW). Most workplace health plans cover all or part of my services.
- I’m covered by most College and University Health Plans in Ontario.
- Green Shield covers my services under “Mental Health Service” across Canada.
- SunLife covers my services under “Social Worker” across Canada (during Covid).
It’s best to check your coverage to see if I am covered by your plan. I am a Social Worker, and a MSW, RSW.
I have private practice insurance that allows me to practice therapy online with anyone anywhere in the world as long as their territory allows it.
- Free Intro Session – A free 30 minute consult session where we can get to know each other and see if we are a good fit.
- Initial Assessment – 90 minutes – $150. To help me to get to know your background, present concerns and goals for treatment.(To keep costs down, I charge the same fee as for my regular sessions).
- Subsequent Session – 60 minutes – $150. Our regular session.
- Check-In Session – 30 minutes – $85. A check-in session reviewing tasks or homework from the previous session & adding new tools, insights, or strategies to try. Suited for clients working on addiction issues, behaviours they are trying to change, anxiety or phobias, children and youth, clients coping with ADD and Asperger’s, or clients wanting an emotional check in.
- Al fees include taxees.
*I leave space for a few sliding-scale clients who don’t have the finances to pay for therapy. You can call, email or text to discuss your situation and to see if I currently have space.
Many extended health care plans cover the services of a Master of Social Work (MSW), Registered Social Worker (RSW). I encourage you to contact your benefits provider and ask if my services are covered, how much you have available per year, and when your benefits renew.
If you don’t have coverage, you can still access my services.
- Payment can be made by credit card or e-transfer.
- Receipts are issued by email.
- You can book online and either pay ahead or after your session.
After Care Counselling
I also work as a more traditional psychotherapist and see people every few weeks or monthly to check in about their relationships, thoughts, feelings and goals. I love being a support to people and feel very lucky to go on this journey with them.
If you want to discuss your situation ahead of a Free Into Session or Initial Assessment, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call or text me at (226)770-0336. (Please note that I do not do counselling via text, I can only use it for initial contact or with clients about appointments)
I grew up in Toronto, Ontario Canada and attended university, worked, volunteered, and raised two children in Guelph, Ontario.
I have a therapy practice in Guelph Ontario called Counselling Guelph (now online) as well as offering CBT Online to a broader client base.
I’m an Ontario based Social Worker with my Masters of Social Work (MSW) and a Registered Social Worker (RSW) licensed by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), and a member of the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW).
I have private practice insurance for doing therapy online internationally and I am covered by several workplace EAP programs and most private insurance and extended health benefit plans in Ontario. As well, Sun Life, and Green Shield extend their benefits across Canada for online or “telehealth” counselling.
I would be honoured to work with you!
CONTACT ME – by phone or text (226) 770-0336, or email email@example.com
FaceBook Page for CBTOnline.ca – https://www.facebook.com/CBTonline.ca