Online CBT from Ontario
I’m guessing you’re here because a friend, counsellor or doctor recommended Cognitive Behavioural Therapy CBT. Or maybe you’ve researched CBT and decided to give it a try. Awesome!
I’m a CBT therapist who specializes in Online CBT or Virtual CBT. I will get to know you, care about you, encourage and support you to feel better and make the changes that you want.
Mary Cross, MSW RSW Therapist
I offer a Free 30 minute Consult if you want to meet me, ask questions and see if we are a good fit.
“Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a short-term, goal-oriented psychotherapy treatment that takes a hands-on, practical approach to problem-solving”.
The CBT Triangle
We work together as a team. I get to know your history, relationships, stresses and significant events that are affecting you. I offer new ways to think about things, and assist you to change unhelpful beliefs, thinking, or actions, and empower you toward your goals.
Online CBT Therapy
I do virtual CBT sessions because I’ve seen how well it works. From your living room, bedroom, office, or even your car, you can meet me in a more relaxed way.
Online CBT lets me help people anywhere in Ontario. Using Zoom, we can view documents, download handouts, and share links to videos and resources. Easy peasy.
Short-Term Therapy or Counselling
CBT is suited for people who have an issue that they want to resolve. It is more like counselling than psychotherapy. My clients are often functioning well except for the issue or issues they see me for.
Frequent sessions in a short amount of time is an effective approach for concerns helped with CBT. To me, short-term therapy means 4 – 10 sessions.
- Nothing is set in stone. It depends on how busy you are.
- We start our sessions closer together and move them further apart.
- We may need a longer-term approach for difficulties that are having a significant impact on your daily life.
Insurance/ Health Benefits Coverage
- Most workplace Extended Health Care, Health Insurance plans, Colleges and Universities cover a Master of Social Work (MSW), Registered Social Worker (RSW).
- A doctor or psychologist can recommend me through WSIB treatment plans.
I encourage you to contact your benefits provider and see if I am covered, how much you have available per year and when your benefits renew.
- Free Consult– A free 30 minute consult session where we can get to know each other and see if we are a good fit.
- Initial Assessment – 90 minutes – $150. To help me to get to know your background, present concerns and goals for treatment.
- Subsequent Session – 60 minutes – $150. Our regular session.
- Check-In Session – 30 minutes – $85. A review of homework & new strategies to try.
- Fees include taxes.
- You can claim my services on your income tax through the Medical Expense Tax Credit (METC)
*I leave space for lower cost sessions for clients who don’t have the finances. Please call, email or text to discuss your situation.
- Payment is by credit card or e-transfer.
- Receipts are issued by email.
- You can pre-pay or pay after your session.