Online CBT with a CBT Therapist
I’m guessing you’re here because a friend, counsellor or doctor recommended Cognitive Behavioural Therapy or CBT. Or maybe you’ve researched CBT and decided to give it a try. Awesome!
I’m a CBT therapist who specializes in Online CBT because I’ve seen how it can really help people. I will get to know you, care about you, encourage and support you to feel better and make the changes that you want.
I offer a free 30 minute consult if you want to meet me and see if we are a good fit for each other.
“Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a short-term, goal-oriented psychotherapy treatment that takes a hands-on, practical approach to problem-solving. Its goal is to change patterns of thinking or behavior that are behind people’s difficulties, and so change the way they feel.”
Areas of Expertise
I’m a CBT Therapist who specializes in supporting people with the following concerns based on research evidence that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is a best-practice therapy approach:
- Anxiety and Panic
- Stress and Worries
- OCD and Intrusive Thoughts
- Chronic Insomnia
- Fears and Phobias
- I also treat Children over 7, teens and youth.
- Other concerns – please book a Free Consult and let me know what you are looking for help with.
We work together as a team. I get to know your family history, work, relationships, stresses and significant events that impacted you or are affecting you now.
I offer new ways to think about things, and assist you to change unhelpful or distressing beliefs, thinking, or actions, and help empower you toward your goals.
I believe that frequent sessions in a short amount of time is the most effective approach for concerns helped with CBT. To me, short-term therapy means 4 – 12 sessions.
It also depends on how busy you are. Nothing is set in stone. Generally, we start our sessions closer together and move them farther apart. Then, maybe a monthly check in, or a refresher at 3 months. My clients can always check back in with me at any time. I will always be available to you.
I can also do check-in sessions that are 30 minutes. This works well for children and teens, and for adults who are working on skills for anxiety, chronic insomnia and stress.
We may need a longer-term approach for difficulties that have existed for a long time, or that are having a significant impact on your daily life.
For my approach to therapy with children and teens please click this link.
Online CBT Therapy
I offer online CBT Therapy to Adults and Youth. I’m an online CBT Therapist because I’ve seen how well it works. From your own space – whether your living room, bedroom, office, or even your car, you can meet me in a more relaxed way.
I also do online CBT because it lets me help people anywhere in Ontario, Canada. I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) in Ontario with my Masters Degree (MSW). I have trained as a Clinical Social Worker or Clinical Therapist.
With online CBT, I can share documents on my screen, you can download handouts, suggest links to videos and share resource ideas.
What Is CBT? – video
Insurance/ Health Benefits Coverage
- I am registered and licensed for the Province of Ontario, Canada through the OCSWSSW. Most workplace health plans cover all or part of my services as a Social Worker.
- I’m also covered by most College and University Health Plans in Ontario.
However, It’s best to check your coverage to see if I am covered by your plan. I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) with a Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW).
My private practice insurance allows me to practice therapy online for residents anywhere in Ontario.
- Free Consult– A free 30 minute consult session where we can get to know each other and see if we are a good fit.
- Initial Assessment – 90 minutes – $150. To help me to get to know your background, present concerns and goals for treatment.(To keep costs down, I charge the same fee as for my regular sessions).
- Subsequent Session – 60 minutes – $150. Our regular session.
- Check-In Session – 30 minutes – $85. A check-in session reviewing tasks or homework from the previous session & adding new tools, insights, or strategies to try. Suited for clients working on addiction issues, behaviours they are trying to change, anxiety or phobias, children and youth, clients coping with ADD and Asperger’s, or clients wanting an emotional check in.
- Al fees include taxes.
*I leave space for a few sliding-scale clients who don’t have the finances to pay for therapy. You can call, email or text to discuss your situation and to see if I currently have space.
Many extended health care plans cover the services of a Master of Social Work (MSW), Registered Social Worker (RSW). I encourage you to contact your benefits provider and ask if my services are covered, how much you have available per year, and when your benefits renew.
If you don’t have coverage, you can still access my services.
- Payment can be made by credit card or e-transfer.
- Receipts are issued by email.
- You can book online and either pay ahead or after your session.
After Care Counselling
I also work as a more traditional psychotherapist and see people every few weeks or monthly to check in about their relationships, thoughts, feelings and goals. I love being a support to people and feel very lucky to go on this journey with them.
If you want to discuss your situation ahead of a Free Into Session or Initial Assessment, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call or text me at (226)770-0336. (Please note that I do not do counselling via text, I can only use it for initial contact or with clients about appointments)
Mary Cross BIO
I grew up in Toronto, Ontario and attended university in Guelph and Kitchener and worked, volunteered, and raised two children in Guelph, Ontario.
I’m an Ontario based Social Worker with my Masters of Social Work (MSW) and a Registered Social Worker (RSW) licensed by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW), and a member of the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW).
I have private practice insurance for doing therapy online in Ontario and I am covered by most private insurance and extended health benefit plans in Ontario.
I also have a therapy practice called Counselling Guelph (now online) in which I do more traditional and longer-term therapy aimed at personal growth, communication, and relationship issues.
I would be honoured to work with you!