Skip to content


Using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), I offer support to children age 7 and over, teens, and their families.

CBT has shown to be an effected approach to decreasing anxiety, stress and worry, anger, fears and phobias, school avoidance and OCD.

My approach to working with children and teens

I help kids and teens understand themselves better and offer them insights and coping tools . We then work on any changes they feel ready to make in order to ease their way through life.

I try to make it engaging for younger kids.. I might share my screen to show a handout geared to children, ask them to draw me something or we might watch a video together. There is often CBT “homework” to try out at home as well.

Often parents can help their child’s progress by backing up or assisting with the CBT homework or coping tools their child is trying out.

Session Length

Children and Teen therapy sessions usually start out with one 60 minute session and then moves to 30 minute sessions.

There is no set number of sessions. I try to keep it fun and playful while focused on clinical techniques that help. For younger children, parents can accompany them in the session. Or, at the end of each session we share progress and homework with the parent.

Children and Teens in Crisis

For children and teens who seem to be in great distress over their mental health, or who are having difficulty functioning day to day due to it, I suggest:

  • A visit to your family doctor to rule out physical causes.
  • Your doctor may be able to refer your child to a child Psychiatrist in order to obtain a diagnosis.
  • The Community Mental Health Association (CMHA) has offices in almost every major city in Canada and may have children’s mental health experts. CMHA
  • The Children’ s Help Phone offers crisis support. to children and youth up to age 5 – 26. They offer support by phone or text – KidsHelpPhone
  • If a child cannot keep safe, and is at immediate risk of harming their self or someone else, then a visit to the emergency department of your local hospital is recommended.

Visit my HOME PAGE for general information, my fees etc.